Sunday, October 27, 2013

Presbytery at Whitlash

We went to presbytery this past weekend in Whitlash, Montana. It is quite a small town so I was highly amused by the this huge garbage can on the way, bit of a juxtaposition if you will.
Giant garbage can!
Also people are really helpful in Montana, they even give you directions on how to use the toilet paper in the rest stations on the side of the road. The most helpful and friendly vandalism I have ever seen.
This is the road to Whitlash. You turn down a gravel road drive for 30 miles down a gravel road, all of which look quite similar to this.
Delicious carrot cake and super cute picture of their church on the cake.
The church presbytery was held in was the Whiltash Community Presbyterian Church which has 12 members. It is a super cute little church that was celebrating 100 years of existence!
The actual town of Whiltash contains 6 people on most days, on days the one family has their kids, the population goes up to 10. And I thought Chinook was cute and small? Another fun fact, they get their eggs and meat from the mailman. And then there is the sign post in town telling you where all the families/ranches in the are in which direction.
Hey look a deer!
Presbytery here is what I imagine church government should be. It was a lot of fellowship and worship, and a small amount of business. No fighting, no arguing, just working together to follow God. It reminded me that I am Presbyterian, it's a good thing, and it can work. I had an amazing time and truly appreciated the time to get to talk with some of the pastors of the state.
So as the sun rises, I am reminded that my time here is still just beginning. I have come to know a lot of people in the community, been loving my jobs, and truly felt loved and embraced by the town. Yet I know I still have much to do and learn.

Sunsets and sunrises both look the same if you don't know the direction you are facing. As I seek to follow God's direction for my life, I turn towards the son, soaking in this warmth, eagerly embracing the journey of a new day.








No comments:

Post a Comment